Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rendezvous with French Cuisine

France has always been the gastronomic capital of the world. French cuisine has given many French classics including French onion soup,gratins ,classic fondue, mouthwatering pâtissèrie and vintage wine , to mention but a few. This cuisine is imbued with a mystique that is integral to the French way of life.

So what makes French food different from other cuisine is the richness of the food ,the style of cooking, flavors that are simple yet delish,  and most importantly the passion and dedication with which they cook .

Its not that I was fond of French cooking from the beginning  but it so happened when Julie and Julia movie got hit and French cuisine came to existence even among non food lovers . I got more inclined to the French desserts and pastries .
 French desserts are particularly sophisticated, and most delicious, just like any other dish of French cuisines. chocolate mousses, éclairs, profiteroles, and crème caramel are the most commonly known then there other delicious desserts like Mille-feuilles (flakey puff pastry), thin apple pies, Baba au rum, and tart Tatin  which are pastry based

I always wanted to give a try to those elegant looking ,piece of food art but the fancy names, the elegant and sophisticated decorated desserts had been successful to push it of the edge until recently when I got hold of some French cooking books which I got from a book fair that claimed French cooking to be easy at least sounded like one.
          So A gastronomic journey through the extraordinary variety of French cuisine started...I started
 cooking stuff which I never dreamt I would. Though there is still long way to go, but whatever I had tried ,I am liking it and its giving me a boost to try some more ,to explore more and dug deep down
and gain all that I can .

The desserts I am targeting to try on :
  • Tarte Tatin
  • Eclairs
  • Crème Brulee
  • Custard Tart
  • Crepe Suzette
  • Macarons
  • Mousse
  • Opera cake
  • Pot de crème
  • profiterole
  • Clafoutis
  • Floating Island
  • Soufflé
 The desserts I attempted

Mango Crème Brulee




 
 Mango Soufflé




Profiteroles

 
 
 



Éclairs






French Macarons





And many more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...